September 29, 2018, 6:30 pm - - 12:00 am
September 29, 2018 6:30 pm- - 12:00 am
Buy your tickets now for the 14th Annual A Sterling Event Gala!
Join us for an elegant black-tie event that includes cocktails and dinner, live entertainment and dancing, and live and silent auctions. The 2018 Evy Award will be presented to CIBC.
- Chicago – One-night hotel stay at the Park Hyatt; $200 The Capital Grille gift card; tickets to a Chicago Blackhawks game; private tour for by Paul Lisnek of WGN-TV Chicago with 4 tickets to Man of the People show with Pat Tomasulo; studio tour and viewing of a scene being filmed of the series “Empire.”
- New York – Two-night hotel stay at the Grand Hyatt; $250 gift card; theatre tickets to “The Bands Visit” which won 10 Tony’s including best musical.
- Napa/San Francisco – 2-night stay at the Andaz Napa Hotel; 4 private wine tours of outstanding wineries; 2-night stay Hyatt Regency in San Francisco; $250 gift card; magnum of 2014 Silver Oaks, Alexander Valley Cabernet, rated 94 by Wine.com.
- Tour of Mettawa Manor –Visit for eight guests begins with wine on the terrace overlooking the Walled English Garden, and tours of their 65-acre estate aboard a Club Car led by your hosts, TV journalist Bill Kurtis and producer, Donna LaPietra. You’ll sample produce of the season in the fenced potager, their own “Bill’s Bees” honey at the prairie, and a treat at the Oak Woods Treehouse. You’ll see how they have transformed the property over the last 25 years through conservation easements and restoration of native woodlands, wetlands and prairie in addition to many ornamental garden rooms. A boxed lunch will be served in the garden or in the Great Room of the Manor House. Guests will also tour the home, built in 1927. A gift bag of autographed books & garden goodies will complete the visit.
- Tuscany – 7 days & 7 nights in Villa that sleeps10 people in queen bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and swimming pool; Chef prepares breakfast and dinner each day (food included, but not alcohol); Maid serviced every day; private winery visit and lunch in Montepulciano; one-day traditional Tuscan cooking class at the villa; staff member to help with any free time extra activities and services.
- Emmy Awards – 2 Orchestra level tickets to 2019 Primetime TV Award Show in Los Angeles; walk the red carpet to the Microsoft Theater; a 2-night stay at The Ritz Carlton, Los Angeles in a deluxe guest room; Winspire booking and concierge services
- 2018 USA Women’s National Hockey team Gold Medal Champions limited edition photo, autographed by all 22 Gold Medal Champions.
- Bruce Springsteen autographed guitar.
- Rolling Stones guitar, limited edition, autographed by Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Ronnie Woods and Bill Wyman.
- Aretha Franklin autographed album, custom framed with album cover and vinyl.
- Taylor Swift “Speak Now” album. Very rare, limited printing of this vinyl album.
- Beatles “Abby Road” record album
- All six James Bond’s vintage black & white movie posters, custom framed with autographs of Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan, and Daniel Craig.
- NFL Hall of Fame official full size helmet with custom display case and nameplate, autographed by NFL inductees Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Jim Brown, Don Shula, Steve Largent, Jim Kelly, Howie Long, Larry Csonka, Lawrence Taylor, Deion Sanders, Mean Joe Greene and Charles Haley.
- Muhammad Ali AKA Cassius Clay autographed boxing glove in custom designed case. Any autographs signed “Muhammad Ali AKA Cassius Clay” are very rare and the most sought after.
- Jordan Howard, Chicago Bears running back, number 24, pro bowl selection 2016, custom framed autographed jersey with photos.
- Case of 2013 Silver Oaks, Napa Valley Cabernet.
All proceeds benefit the programs of A Silver Lining Foundation (ASLF).
Unable to attend? Please consider a donation.
Founded in 2002, ASLF has evolved from a single outreach program connecting those in need with breast health resources and information to a funder of life-saving breast health testing. Since 2006, the Buy A Mom a Mammogram ® program has funded the entire spectrum of breast health testing for uninsured and underinsured women (and men) throughout Chicagoland. In the past two years, 5,065 women received 6,504 procedures cost-free, resulting in 59 life-saving diagnoses and peace of mind for thousands of others.
Online ticket sales for this event are closed.